Thursday, January 28, 2010

Templeton, English 102. Storm of Century coming.

I feel the desire to write something decent, after being forced to rush a business letter in class today. Pushed the deadline, working with three other people. Barely made it. All of Templeton's stuff is in-class projects. I always feel so dirty afterward, like a house-broken dog that is forced to crap all over the floor. "I can do better than this," I say, sadly, disgustedly, shaking my head.
Nonetheless, it is a little fun. Being in the computer lab, rushing towards a deadline, winter storm imminant, working with my friends. I just don't feel much sense of accomplishment, is all.
Other news, reading two fantastic books, Grann's The Lost City of Z, and Steyngart's Absurdistan. I got Canaan's Tongue, by Wray, and Frostbite, by Wellington, lined up. I'm ready for some genre fiction, man!

That's all I got, really. Need to make plans. Need to write. Am writing a little, still, but my in-class writings totally shouldn't count as anything productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment