Thursday, January 7, 2010

Current project

My newest story is an alt-history type thing about a group of Muslims attempting to establish a research colony in tenth-century Greenland. I want to inject mystical, mythological elements along w/ serious scientific scrutiny thereof. So far it's...eh. About three pages in and I'm feeling like a hack. I'll call it a first draft and try to keep my head up for the rewrites. I'm proud of myself, though, for thus far keeping solid on my resolution. I may publish a bit of the story on here when I'm done wid it. But until then, it's chili time!

3 comments:

  1. Working on some alt-history stuff myself. You going to post any excerpts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I post some of it at some point. It's slow going, for some reason. Sort of a different style than what I'm used to. Thanks for commenting though. :)

    ReplyDelete